I was going to write about the fanexpo and all the neat and amazing things. I even have part of a draft saved. But I put it on the back burner because I ended up really busy. You might notice that THIS post isn’t coming from loose endings. That’s because I’ve spent the last week redesigning and prepping looseendings.com for a new home. It’s time to take the fledgling(and tbh floundering)business that I initially created to support a yarn habit and turn it into something that I can look back at in the future and be happy with.
No. This post, to get back on point, is coming from room7609.net my newish blog home for everything that’s not related to what I am doing with loose endings. Why newish? Because I’ve actually held this blog name on wordpress.com for far longer than I’d like to admit. Given the work I was doing for loose endings, I decided to give the blogsite a little loving attention.
You will still be able to find all the blog posts before today from loose endings here. I “archived” them. It was too much of a pain to import them and format them to the new site. You can search the archive or just check out the category list…uh on second thought… everything was filed under Ramblings unless it was food related and then it went under The Kitchen Goddess Diaries. Looking for something specific might take a bit of digging if you aren’t looking for recipes.
And if you put loose endings on your blog roll to follow you will have to add room7609 to the list if you want to follow me here. You know, where I talk about food, cosplay, makeup…anything really.
I will get to that fanexpo post. No promises on when it will show up. And if you look about the blog I’d like to see if you know where the inspiration for the name and ah…title themes are from. So an inadvertent POP QUIZ!
I feel a little bad for not posting more in September, especially since the only post was the Check In for August. But only a little bit. I am planning ahead on a few posts so there should be more than just one this month.
Let’s get into September shall we?
- Drink less Coke – Much improved this month. On average I believe I am down to 3 or so sodas a week. My intake of Arnold Palmer’s have gone up by quite a bit unless there isn’t lemonade available. At home it is mostly water. Grade: B
- Read more – Still haven’t managed to read much of anything. It’s beginning to really really bother me and I may have to actually schedule the time in order to keep myself accountable. I did go to the Half-Priced Book Annual Clearance Sale and picked up some reference books on crochet jewelry, Polymer clay jewelry and knitting. I may start with those and see where that takes me. Grade: F
- Write more – Can’t say that I did much writing for the month of September. I didn’t spend a lot of time on the computer, nor did I write longhand. So the grade has dropped to failing.
- Listen to more Podcasts – I have listened to some podcasts. I’m currently catching up on Star Talk. Mostly listening while I’m chilling in the bedroom with the cats in the afternoon. Once I’ve caught up I’m jumping on the TED talks that I’m behind on. Grade: B
- Eat better food – Not gonna sugarcoat it, this last month I ate out way too much. This is going to change as of this week. I re-started my Blue Apron account a week ago and am expecting my first deliver on Tuesday. This guarantees that I will cook at least three dinners at home during the week. I’m not too worried about my lunch as I tend to eat at home unless I’ve made plans with friends. And I know that Blue Apron is relatively healthy or at least healthier than what I’ve been eating. Grade: C
- Get better sleep – For the most part I’ve been able to keep my schedule regarding sleep. The single change has been Henry. Who has know decided that I must get up at 4:30 in the morning. He makes it very difficult to sleep past 5:30 so I am usually up just a little after that. I’m still not taking naps in the afternoons, so I think I’m still on track. Grade: B
- Exercise more – I think this area has had the most improvement. On average I manage to have three days of continuous activity (15 -30 min) and I’ve managed to hit my step goal two to three times a week. The single challenges on the FitBit where you virtually walk a path or place has been really fun to do. I’m currently on the second NYC adventure. Grade: B
Overall I think I’ve made some good strides. It is certainly clear that I need to make adjustments regarding my reading. And I am really looking forward to cooking the recipes from Blue Apron.
Henry is doing ok. We are planning on starting his chemo therapy in the next week or so. According to the vet, most cats seem to handle it fairly well. I hope Henry is one of those cats.