A lot happened last year. So I am going to bullet point some things and ramble about others.
The year that was 2013:
(in no particular order)
- Picklesnot Designs became Loose Endings – over all hailed as the best move ever by everyone.
- I attempted to write for Nanowrimo and learned something valuable by not writing.
- My BIL was the victim of a Natural Disaster. As he often says , “A tornado came and picked a fight, tossed me around and then left.” The outpouring of support from both friends and complete strangers to aide my family was simply amazing.
- Only published one pattern. It is my highest sold pattern to-date.
- Completed and gifted a most fabulous blanket.
- Took several classes on Craftsy.
- Worked/Taught classes at the Woolie Ewe.
- Read 50(!) books. [Yes, I did in fact read 50 even if GoodReads does not think so.]
- Saw and Listened to Neil Gaiman read!
- Adopted Harley and found that I now I have a lap cat.
- Went on Cruise!
- Reconnected with a friend via weekly Skype dates.
I am sure there is more. Oh so much more.
To expand a little on the books – here are a few of my favorites that I read in 2013:
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson.
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
2013 was certainly a year of highs and lows. And there are certain things that I do wish didn’t happen. Overall though 2013 was a pretty good year.