I didn’t think I was going to make it this year honestly. My goal this year was to read 40 books. Ten more than my goal in 2011. I started off strong. It helped that I was reading “book club” style in tandem with my sister. We read almost two complete series this way.
Then I switched gears and read some non-fiction that really dragged. For several months. Finally I gave up and went back to fiction. Some books took me longer to read than I anticipated. Some didn’t. I surprised myself by finishing the reading challenge having read 55 books.
Some of my favorites this year in no particular order:
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton
- Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech (This book was recommended to me by my 12 year old niece)
- The Hangman’s Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch
- The Spirit Thief by Rachel Aaron
- Bill Moyers Journal: The Conversation Continues by Bill Moyers
- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco
- Wool by Hugh Howey
There have been several suggestions given for next years reading list and I’m pretty certain that I bought twice as many books as I’ve read this year so I’ll have plenty to choose from come January when the next challenge starts up.
What did you read this year? Did you accomplish what you wanted in regards to reading?